Periscope is a live, streaming app recently purchased by Twitter. Because it is Twitter-owned, it connects directly with your Twitter handle. It enables you to create “on-the-go” video streams and get to a personal level with your audience.
Here are just a few ways you can use Periscope for your business:
- Help followers get to know your company: Nike, Microsoft, Apple, Coca-Cola and the like, are massive corporations. But who are the faces behind the name, bringing you innovative new products? What are they working on every day? Likewise, Zenith Performance Solutions, a small consulting firm in Denver, Colorado, what are they up to every day and who are the talented designers behind their brand? Periscope enables you to reach out to your customers in a creative, live, and personal way, so they can see the faces behind the brand.
- Quick product training: Just-in-time learning and informal learning have long been buzz words in the training and development field. You can’t get more just-in-time than streaming a live demonstration of how to use a product or complete a task in a piece of software. Periscope is a great live streaming option for getting your training topic across to your audience quickly.
- Create excitement for a product/service launch: Releasing a new product or service? Build anticipation by giving your audience a “sneak peek” of what is coming soon.
- Live event: Want to expand your message to a larger audience? Live stream a presentation, live event, or conference to include those who can’t be there with you in person. Periscope enables you to share your message with a world-wide audience.
- Q and A: Periscope enables you to have live dialog with your customers for a Q and A session around anything, new product features, research and development ideas, or most frequently asked questions.
The ways you can interact with your customers and clients with Periscope is endless. So, what do you need to do to get started?
- Get yourself a Twitter account if you don’t already have one.
- Download the Periscope app on your tablet or smart phone.
- Log in with your Twitter handle and follow the on screen prompts.
- Get yourself some followers. Let your network know you are on Periscope.
- Start streaming live video.
Now, it is our turn. We are on Periscope. Follow us today!! Our handle is aboutZPS, so logon and give us a follow.