Everyone knows that videos are one of the most successful ways to communicate and entertain at the same time. However, did you realize that video-based learning is one of the most compelling ways to train your employees? Statistics back it up. A whopping 59% of senior leaders agree that, if given the choice between text-based content and video-based content on the same page, they will always elect to watch the video. Viewers also retain 95% of a message when viewing it in a video, compared to only 10% when reading. How can you utilize video-based learning in your trainings?
Why Is Video-Based Learning So Popular Today?
The prevalence of video-based learning has grown a great deal over the course of the past few years thanks to:
- The common adoption of mobile learning throughout numerous high-profile organizations. Instead of training on desktops or through complicated software, more companies are using mobile-first design that makes videos easy to watch on a smartphone through videos or apps.
- The growth of microlearning-based trainings. At Zenith Performance Solutions, we frequently harness the power of microlearning through short videos that can be consumed on the go, in front of a computer or in a formal training environment. Videos are a great platform for microlearning-based trainings in an informal or formal environment.
What Types of Video-Based Learning Can You Incorporate?
While we can use video in a variety of ways for your company’s eLearning needs, some of the best and most effective ways to use the medium include:
- Animated videos featuring text and infographics that can be used to convey statistics or information, train employees or offer quick snippets of material.
- Scenarios or story-based videos involving people in situations that the learner might encounter in their line of work or in an extraordinary situation that you want to prepare them for.
- Videos showcasing experts in your field who are offering advice and guidance on a specific topic are a great supplement to your eLearning course.
- Explainer videos that explain a concept through a story or narrative can break down more complicated things that are best conveyed visually into an easy-to-understand format.
- Videos with whiteboard animals are an easy way to break down concepts into engaging images or animations with plenty of personality.
Partner with Zenith Performance Solutions
Zenith Performance Solutions wants to transform the ways that you and your employees learn. We offer a comprehensive range of training course design services, including updating existing courses and consulting. We work with companies of every size to create innovative and instructionally sound materials that boost employee performance and satisfy your objectives. To learn more, please contact us by calling (970) 409-4013.